The pandemic has changed quite a few things in our lives, including how we hold events. Drive-in theaters have been around for many years, with the first opening up on June 6, 1933, in Camden, New Jersey. Businesses are now coming up with creative ways to host events, while adhering to protocol and keeping attendees, entertainers, and staff safe. Although the pandemic has been devastating, people are longing for fun and interaction with the community, and hosting a drive-in event is a great way to that!
If you’re planning to host a drive-in event, here are some things to remember:
- Define Your Goals: Determine what you are looking to accomplish and how this event will enable you to do that.
- Budget: This seems like a no-brainer, but budgeting is an essential part in event planning and will help clarify other aspects of your plan.
- Venue: There are over 300 drive-ins across the nation, so get creative with it. Find a space that suits your needs while giving a unique experience to attendees.
- Identify Equipment Needs: Do you need staging, lighting, sound, etc.?
- Regulations and Permitting: Research what is needed in the county to produce an event.
At Southeast Staging, we supply the highest quality drive-in event productions. We are equipped to achieve whatever your vision may be, and provide the following services:
- Outdoor staging
- 8×8 socially distant platforms
- High-definition LED Video Walls
- FM radio transmitters
- Video truss grid systems
Drive-in events are a great way to allow people to enjoy life while going through a pandemic, and they allow businesses and organizations to continue to be successful.
Southeast Staging is committed to helping your event go off without a hitch, providing excellent and professional service and products while maintaining health standards necessary for the safety of you and your guests. Get in touch with one of our experts now for all your event questions.